Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mondays?!?!


Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays!!! Not me, showing up at LSTC Sunday night, I had dinner with friends and was ready to take on the week. Monday exploded with me taking my 8AM class, Lutheran Confessions with Dr. Kurt Hendel…”call me Kurt, call me prof, call me dr… anything else don’t say it to my face.” It was a great start to the semester, seeing all the faces in my class, and at 8AM there was quite a bit of coffee, although I do not partake, I know it is the lifeblood of many in these early mornings. One of my mates even brought doughnuts, how thoughtful. Although my first class was like a whirlwind with a lot of German names and places from a German teacher on top of that. I was excited for this immersion back into the Lutheran faith, after having been away from undergrad now for a bit of time. I am excited to be Lutheran, I am always more excited to be a Christian, but the chance to really wrestle with the origins of my faith body have me pumped up and ready to go. My professor seeming so excited after years of teaching this class and living through important transitions in the Lutheran and Christian movement, I know that I am in for a treat, and that makes it important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment