Sunday, February 20, 2011

Billionaire.

We do this thing at LSTC called GIFs or Growth In Faith.  They're these little nuggets of random goodness throughout the week.  We need a total of five GIFs to graduate and we could choose which ones we do.  I think my favorite part of most GIFs is that they're led by students!  My classmates!

This semester, I'm participating in two GIFs.  The first is knitting prayer shawls.  I've never knit before...successfully.  Emily Hefty has been a fantastic teacher, patiently showing us how to "cast on," "knit" and "pearl."  It's awesome.  It's also a group of women.  As we're sitting around knitting, I like to imagine us all in rocking chairs on the porch of some wonderful, large home, sipping lemonade, talking about the town news.

The other GIF I'm participating in this semester is the musical.  I don't know if there's a title for said musical, because it was written by two classmates, Sara Suginaka and Brock Klobe.  We've only had three rehearsals, but I can already tell it's going to be awesome.  The music is adapted from current songs, so Bathsheba and Adonijah sing Billionaire by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars.  Awesome.  We laugh almost the entire way through practice, since Sara and Brock's writing is personal to LSTC.  For instance, there may or may not be a scene that takes place at Jimmy's.

Guess you'll have to come and see the final performance in May to find out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment