Saturday, February 12, 2011

Puppy Love

A lot of singles lament Valentine's Day and groan and complain about the happy couples they are surrounded by. They get sad that they aren't spending this particular randomly assigned day of the year with a significant other. They think about past Valentine's Days and get weepy missing loves long gone.

So annoying right?

Alas, I confess - I'm one of them. 

But THIS year, I get to spend it with three adorable dachshund pups, a lizard, and a bird. I'm house sitting for the week and am getting all kinds of puppy love (the bird does walk around on my shoulder but we still feel...distant). I walk in the door and all at once, I get "bark, bark, bark!!!!" while three hot dog bodies rush toward me in glee.

I grew up with cats, who may sleepily acknowledge one's arrival home as they stand by the food bowl and give you that "why isn't there food here yet, human?" glare.

Dogs are the complete opposite. "Ohmygoodnessitsyou, itsyouitsyouitsyou!!! Iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou!!!"

And you know what? That love is quite enough to lay some serious smack down on my single lady blues this Valentine's Day.

So from all of us curled up on the couch this Saturday afternoon, have yourself one heck of a lovely day. Youaresoveryloved. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment