Monday, October 11, 2010

Every Sunday night, my cohort group meets for our Pentateuch study session.  We typically read LOTS and answer questions for every week’s worth of classes.  One of our first days of class, Dr. Klein encouraged us to find a group to split up the work with for our own sanity’s sake.  I wasn’t sure if I would, because I’ve always despised group work.  Inevitably, somebody doesn’t pull their weight and one person ends up feeling bruised and beaten by the project at hand.  

This isn’t the case with my cohort group.  We meet every week, with our work for the next two classes done.  We’re ready to discuss Amorites or the Documentary Hypothesis or what the heck Zippora was thinking! 

And the best part?  We eat.  We come up with themes for our meals and have family time, as cheesy as that sounds.  Last night was breakfast, which included cranberry-orange muffins, chocolate waffles with whipped cream, spinach/leek/onion quiche, fruit salad and orange juice.  It was pretty amazing. 
 

   

I can study like this every day.

Creator God, thank you for bringing my classmates into my life.  I am so grateful to have them to share the journey with.  They provide food for the soul and the body. 

1 comment:

  1. It is a special time and I'm so thankful for you and our cohort group too Mer! God has truly blessed us with each other this year, so what's for dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete