Sunday, November 4, 2012

Half Way - - With Head in the Clouds

Downhill--- maybe?

As I look at the calendar, I see that the semester is more than half over.  Which makes me say YEAH, I've survived!  Yet it also makes me say, “Oi, I have so much to finish!” 

Over the weekend, I was pondering what to blog about today when Scott, my husband asked, “Whatchathinkin?”  Keep in mind he doesn't do that very often, so I was a bit caught off guard, but did mention I wasn't sure what to write about for the blog.  He said, “You need to take time to be with friends and family.  Like this weekend you traveled to Minneapolis to be with a friend when she got married.  And of course you got to spend time with your awesome husband.”  And he is right.  Even though we are 'over the hump' of the semester, may be a bit overwhelmed with those final papers, we still need to find time to balance our studies with family, friends, work, and social life. We may feel like our head is in the clouds, and we can't quite catch our breath, but that's when it is time to stop.  Enjoy the beautiful clouds. Thank God for the journey we've traveled thus far, and know that God will be with us as we finish the next few weeks.


 
1/2002  Ma & I half way down Haleakala Mountain


 




And the MOST important thing to do
THIS WEEK is get out and VOTE!  
Take the time you need to cast your ballot and make your voice heard.

2 comments:

  1. God's blessings on you, Stacy, as you finish this semester and continue on your journey. Finding time to breathe can be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My intern committee and I talked about time to breathe the other day. I'm planning on writing it up in a post on my personal blog...and I'll send you a link to it when I get it done...they had some good things to say!

    ReplyDelete