Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Week!

Earlier this month I followed a FB friend's initiative to make a daily post stating what I am thankful for. Considering this is Thanksgiving week and the fact that we have a break from classes, my initial somewhat superficial expression goes to that; the break from classes. Yet, when I dig deeper, reflect on my first semester in seminary, I can't help but be ever thankful to God for all that I have. And while I still sometimes question my ability to keep up with students 15- 20 years my junior, and question my stamina as I travel from Madison to Chicago, I dive into scripture to find my feet again. For reading scripture is my salve- it heals me, it strengthens me, in it I find peace.

  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being in him was life, and the life was the light of all people. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it. ~John 1:1-5




No comments:

Post a Comment