Thursday, October 6, 2011

If you’re loved by someone, You’re never rejected, Decide what to be and go be it



Usually you will see my name on a Monday, but I have been working on this blog a little bit longer because it has video and a complicated day of events. So Friday was a non stop day, but it has three major points to it. First, I went to scan a document at Staples. The minute I stepped out of the car, I realized something was missing, OH NO!!! Keys in car, but I have AAA and a short drive became a couple hour endeavor pretty quick. This made me rush back because there was an on campus viewing of the Academy Award winning documentary Inside Job, which chronicles the bank failures in America and dangers that exist in our economy. This was something that I wanted to see even before it won awards and I barely was able to make it back from my keys incident, but I showed up just as they were starting the movie...oh yeah there was chocolate cake there. Now these events put together created stress and sadness, because in the South side of Chicago we have a real issue with banks and foreclosures and all the problems presented in the documentary. They represent to me, the need for change in our systems that seem to oppress rather than support. Now if the day ends there, yikes, pretty bad day, but as the movie ends, it's only 3 PM. What else will I do with my day???

THE AVETT BROTHERS!!! A bluegrass band that rocked my world a little less than a year ago and lives in my ipod because of it and there name is always on my lips as one of my top bands to listen to and now as I write this, top bands to see. Fellow seminarian Ben Adams (left) and myself (right) went North on the bus and the train past Wrigley Field. So they turned my frown upside down, the end??? No way, lyrics...I live for em, and after watching this band rock my face off I had to debrief. The long "L" (public train) ride home on the Red line gave me time to think. In one of their songs, Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise they present an idea that maybe there is hope out there...
"When nothing is owed or deserved or expected And your life doesn’t change by the man that’s elected If you’re loved by someone, you’re never rejected Decide what to be and go be it"

And this is the refrain...
"There was a dream and one day I could see it Like a bird in a cage I broke in and demanded that somebody free it And there was a kid with a head full of doubt So I’ll scream til I die and the last of those bad thoughts are finally out"

Great lyrics that seemed to speak to my documentary about a day when the world is not owned by economics, but rather the love of God, and that the only way is to realize we can never be rejected, not here at seminary or anywhere we travel, because we have the love of God. So go and do!

Favorite song hands down comes from Scott Avett about what would happen if he was murdered in the city, but what he realizes throughout the song is that Love is all that matters, not revenge or who's better, just love. Find the video on YouTube, Avett Brothers "If I get murdered in the city,' listen to the lyrics, but for all those romantics out there... the best line out there...

"Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing Like the love that let us share our name"

No comments:

Post a Comment