Friday, March 23, 2012

The Nature of the Beast: Looking towards Holy Week


There’s another food network show that I really enjoy watching called Restaurant Impossible. It features a man named Robert Irvine who goes to failing restaurants with a carpenter and designer with the intention of turning the restaurant around in two days! Chef Irvine remodels everything from the dining room and kitchen to the menu and cooking techniques. There are always several points in the episode when things look like they’re just about to not get done but then suddenly (and coincidentally in every episode that I have watched so far) they complete their task. The owners are stunned and most of the time the restaurant survives.
I am on hell week when it comes to work and scheduling things. In the next 3 weeks, I would estimate that a total of 40% of my final grades for the year are due as projects, presentations, and papers. I have been doing my best to prepare for this time, but I am unsure if I have done enough yet. I may have to sacrifice something to get, what I can, finished before the deadline. I kind of feel like I’m on an episode of LSTC Student Impossible and I don’t think I’m the only one.
It’s funny how Holy Week is so busy for pastors and students of theology. For a lot of people, it’s time off to celebrate eggs full of candy and cute furry little animals that hop. Even in my first year, however, I am discovering how deadlines around Holy Week seem to add up. Although I feel this way about my situation, I know that there are many people out there who have more to worry about that I do. For example, I don’t need to worry about planning and executing one service during Holy Week (for now!).
So I guess I’m going to head back to the grind for a while. I implore all of us who are going to be super-duper busy from now until after Holy Week, let’s cut ourselves a little time to remember that there is a resurrection to celebrate and that not all things are impossible. J
Until Next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment