Friday, March 16, 2012

LSTC Improv!


As I have already stated once before, I love the show Chopped. I really enjoy watching what these professional chefs try to create with the most unlikely set of ingredients. They have to work hard to think quickly and improvise to create something visually appealing and tasty. I often wish I was as talented as those chefs. The winners of every episode usually have a great balance between culinary technique and the ability to transform their ingredients in their dishes.
In the course of my classes I am still learning techniques to being a good Gospel-centered pastor, but my creativity also needs to be developed in some way. I am normally very good at puns, but I think it’s time to expand. For the past four weeks, I have been ending my work weeks in Freebie’s with LSTC’s new improvisation group. Granted, we are no professionals and not everything we do is funny, but it certainly is fun. It’s a new way to stretch my brain and try to do what the people on Whose Line is it Anyway? do (I love that show!). As these four weeks have progressed, I have been noticing steady improvements in my quick thinking skills from contributing to answers in the classroom to even musical application.
At this point, there are a good number of people interested in hanging out with us at our Thursday night practices. If you don’t want to play any of the games, no problem! We can always use input from whoever’s watching and you still might get a few good chuckles out of it as well!
Well, now that I’ve written a shameless plug I want to conclude by saying that I am continually impressed by the opportunities at LSTC to perfect technique and develop creativity. I’m sure both will go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment