Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mysterious Words of Wisdom


As the midweek looms before me, amongst all of the papers and projects sometimes we can experience writers block, especially when your blogging. Originally my subject was going to be on the joys of being endorsed but the deepness of these late autumn evenings pondered within the confines of the Treehouse.

"Oh Wow, Oh Wow, Oh Wow!"

All Saints Sunday is lingering in many of our memories as we have gathered with church family or at our MIC congregations and celebrated the lives of those saints we hold dear. We have approached the altar and placed photographs, lighting candles and singing hymns that envelop those who still surround us, whose arms we faintly hold onto when in those times of solitary and sadness we really need to hear their voices, their laughter and their wisdom. 

The waves of life ebb, creeping onto and tickling the bareness of our toes pulling back into the vastness of the ocean, our eyes scanning the fading soft blues and purples of the horizon searching for a glimpse of slender transcendent ships-those ships which have carried our loved ones from this life into eternity. The tears clouding our vision until we can not see anymore and we wonder about the rest of their journey.

What happens when Our Creator gently and lovingly lowers His hands to our faces, brushing aside tears and closing our eyes to this world and whispers to the fullness of our souls "My child it is morning. Awaken to a new day, to the sweetness of the Valley, come take my hand and walk with me home." What happens when we lay our hands on a dying congregational member, asking Our Creator to open Heaven's doors and welcome another spirit within?

"Oh Wow, Oh Wow, Oh Wow!" What did those words mean? What rare beauty did this man behold as he made his transition? To say that perhaps we will never know is incorrect, for as children of the Most High there is a place for us, somewhere-out there.

"In My Father's House, there are many rooms if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

God's Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment