Friday, September 23, 2011

Getting Used to it Now :)


Hello everyone! My name is Justin and I am a junior at LSTC. I am pumped to write for Taste and See and am looking forward to sharing some fun reflections with you every Friday! So I suppose I’ll say a little about myself. I was born in a log cabin that I built with my own hands…and I have a rotten sense of humor. I’ve wanted to be a pastor since I was in high school and now here I am! If I could meet any character in the Bible it would be Paul because his writings influenced so much of the New Testament and I want to hear about his revelation experience. That’s enough for now, time to get to some of my first experiences at LSTC.

I can say this course load is giving me more to do than I thought. I graduated with a Religion and Classics double major, so I am not taking the first year Greek class and I have already encountered some of the material we are currently learning. That said, within the first two weeks I have found that there is still a lot that I have to learn. I really like that LSTC is able to prepare students who have had no previous classes in these subjects as well as students like myself. My classmates and I are still finding challenges together as we prepare for ministry and the rest of our seminary experience. It’s a nice feeling to know I’m not alone, and for any person at LSTC who may be feeling some academic pressure I want you to know you’re not alone either. If you want, maybe we can de-stress together sometime. Well, that’s my first entry. I think I kind of like this blogging thing. Until next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment