Monday, May 7, 2012

Katie Luther: The Musical


Last night was the world premier of Katie Luther: The Musical.  Featuring an all-star LSTC cast, the play told the story of the unsung hero of the Reformation, Katherine Von Bora, Luther’s lovely wife.  It was amazing.  I laughed, I cried (because I was laughing so hard), I sighed as Martin and Katie fell in love, and I laughed some more.  The music featured such classic numbers as “Marty’s Girl” and “Red Flimsy Stein.”  Though I have to say my favorite number was “How Do You Solve Someone Like Her,” an amazing mash-up of “How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria” from The Sound of Music and “Someone Like You” by Adele, sung by a cadre of singing nuns.

The musical was truly an incredible production.  An original script, original songs, live music, singing, and dancing, I was blown away again and again by the talent and creativity of my classmates.  A lot of time and effort went into bringing the story of Katie Luther to life, and it showed.  Great job!

 This is one of my favorite promo photos for the show.  Check out the LSTC Facebook page for pictures of the actual production.


No comments:

Post a Comment