Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Internship Equivalent of Finals Week

While the rest of my fellow bloggers are winding down and taking a much-deserved break at the end of a long semester, my life is winding up. It never ceases to amaze me just how busy a church can get during this time of year - the Christmas concert (along with all the rehearsals), the Children's pageant, three Christmas Eve services, one Christmas day service (in which I'm preaching), and all the festivities throughout currently stand between me and a nice vacation on the 26th. Of course, I still have to decorate our apartment, wrap presents, and send out cards, too. This is most definitely the busiest I've been since beginning my internship.

This guy will look much more festive after tonight's decorating party.


With all of this going on, it's important to find a moment to breathe and relax. But it's even more important to look around and take all the festivities in. I am, after all, here to learn. So, I hope that this next week will not only be fulfilling spiritually, but also educationally. It's going to be a busy week, but I have a feeling I'm going to learn a lot from it. And, when I can't find time to breathe and relax, I remind myself that at least I don't have to study for a final or write a 15-page paper! Despite how worn-out I may get this week, I can at least have that assurance.

I'll have more to share next week. Until then, rest easy, keep awake, and enjoy the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment