Monday, November 15, 2010

The Youth are on Fire!!!



I worked two summers at camp before LSTC, and sometimes I miss that camp lifestyle; playing games and being outdoors, and scraping to get by. I traded it in for being indoors and reading long books, and still scraping to get by. Luckily for me once a week I hangout with 6th – 8th graders at my church for bible study.


I look forward to Sunday mornings because I know that they bring this excitement about life and the simpler things, the highs and lows of life are always more dramatic, but more than that they can say things that will challenge you with one sentence more than 10 sermons. We tell them to look up Bible verses, and they don’t know whether the books are in the New Testament or Old, and they cannot wait to play games. Although sometimes they seem to check out, they still talk once and a while and I know that they are learning, or at least catching a couple words between goofing off.


I was reminded yesterday how refreshing it is to be involved with kids. I study this stuff day in and day out, and I know a lot more than the kids, and still need to learn. This week I was reminded I am still that child that who wants to learn, but sometimes I goof off in class a little or am thinking about what I am going to do next. And I hope I never lose that.

No comments:

Post a Comment