Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Living a Normal(?) Life

Hey everyone!  Apologies for the late post.

This week, my friend and colleague Meredith is in town.  We have a retreat for all the interns in Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana, and because her internship site in South Dakota is closer to Denver than it is to the other side of SD, she came here.

Since getting in on Sunday, it's been almost like living back at seminary...we've talked, we've laughed, we've gone grocery shopping...our favorite things.  But, we've also gone out to eat.  I had Brunch, something I have not had since I've gotten to Denver, simply because it is out of my budget.  (Thankfully Mer was kind enough to foot the bill!)  We're currently sitting at a coffee shop doing work, and it's just so much more enjoyable to have your best friend across the table from you.

Tomorrow, we get to go to a retreat, where we'll be meeting up with another classmate, Jenna.  I'm so excited to get to spend time with them and other interns as we discuss ministry and have the opportunity to process our experience with other interns. (And maybe share some battle stories.)

I'm grateful that we have the ability to stay connected through phones and skype, but there's something holy in the actual presence of another person or group of people that just helps me stay grounded in this awesome and wonderful calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment