Monday, December 13, 2010

The end.

I really don't have any profound thoughts aside from the fact that my first semester of seminary is over.  After my last Church History I class last week, I said, "That was my first 'last' of seminary."  It's still a little surreal.  I still feel like there's more to be doing for classes, but I'm ready to finally give my apartment a good cleaning and sift through the craziness that has been my life for the last few weeks.

One of the things that I'll miss the most over break is the daily chapel services.  Not everybody goes to chapel, nor does everyone love chapel, but it gives me intentional time and space, every day, to be in a community of people and to think about faith.  We hear the same readings for the days following the Sunday in the lectionary.  So, in theory, if I missed the message the first time around, I have four more attempts to try.  Plus, in the chaos of learning so much academic information, it's awesome to just be, to sing hymns and pray and think without feeling like I need to produce an outcome from these actions.

Peace and blessings, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment