Monday, January 14, 2013

Brr, it's cold in here

I have lied to the world for far too long, and I need to come clean about it.  For the longest time, I told people that winter was my favorite season, that I loved snow, I loved the crisp air, I loved everything about the season.

That's a lie.  I've come to realize, while living in Denver, where the average daily temp. is about 42 degrees, that I don't mind having warm winters.  In fact, I prefer it.  Today, when I woke up it was 6 degrees outside, never mind any wind that might have been blowing (I wouldn't know if there was) and my roommate who leaves for work at 5:45 said it was 2 degrees when she left.  That is far too cold for me, I've finally come to realize.

And the conclusion I've come to is that I was just telling everyone I loved bitter cold to make myself believe that I actually liked it.  It was all some sort of elaborate psychological ruse I've been playing without knowing it for years.

I'm glad I've finally figured that out, but it makes me wonder...what are the things you try to convince yourself you love but actually hate?

No comments:

Post a Comment