Monday, July 2, 2012

Preaching and playing

I got to preach at my home congregation yesterday, Lord of Life Lutheran in Columbus, OH. They are doing a summer series called "Psalms of Summer: The Songs That Jesus Sang" and so the preaching text each week is the Psalm as a way of reintroducing the Psalms into worship. I think it's a great way to start using the Psalms again, by using them to preach from....and then I had to actually do it. I felt so great to be back at my home congregation to preach and worship with them. Anyway, the Psalm this week was Psalm 30, a great psalm and one which I did not think would describe my situation once I got back home to my parents house from preaching so effectively.

So, I get to my parents and know the inevitable has to happen. I have to get rid of my iPhone that has been at my side for two years now. This tragic moment is because on my internship next year, I'll be in a situation where I won't be able to pay for it, and I think it is really important to live I within your means, so back to the regular phone it is. Make fun of me if you want, but I've come to depend on my iPhone and getting rid of it was a tragic moment this morning. But like Psalm 30, I know that my mourning will be turned into dancing since in 2 months I'll be in Denver having a blast on my internship where I'm sure I won't even notice that I don't have the latest technology. I look forward to that moment, and I'm terribly excited about internship. And maybe, just maybe, it will teach me that even mourning the loss of shiny electronics will be transformed into dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment